Open from 02 February to 01 November
Adult: 8 €
Child (5/12 years old): 5 €
Semi-detached Lascaux II-Le Thot
Adult: 13.90 €
Child (5/12 years old): 9.70 €
07/02 to 03/04 and from 02/11 to 31/12: 10h to 12h30 and 14h to 17h30
04/04 to 03/07 and from 01/09 to 01/11: 10h to 18h every day
04/07 to 31/08: 10h to 19h every day
Animations families during the school holidays and in summer: wall art, excavation, thrower shooting,
manufacture of grease lamp.
Educational workshops for school children on reservation at 05 53 05 65 60.
Possibility of ticket combined with the visit of Lascaux II.
Le Thot proposes an approach of the art of the caves in introduction or in complement of the visit of Lascaux II.
To discover :
– The “temporal mirror”, animation of augmented reality: a leap in the past to meet 7 prehistoric animals such as the megaceros, the mammoth. Two new animals appear in the temporal mirror: the cave hyena and the Saiga antelope.
– 3D film «motion design»: understanding the evolution of the climate since hominids (-2,5 million years) until the time of Lascaux (-20,000 years)
– Interactive quiz for all: test your knowledge in prehistory using tablets, measuring against each other.
– Lascaux engravings are highlighted (fluorescent) on the facsimiles of the black cow, the deer frieze, the bison, the imprint panel and the only human representation of Lascaux with the scene of the well.
– The reconstruction of a workshop of Magdalenian artists completes the visit in interior.
– An animal park will bring you to compare the living species that are there with the animals painted on the walls of the cave (horses, aurochs, bison, ibex …).